We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. We participate in the SSA/DHS E-Verify program. To read employee rights and responsibilities under the family and medical leave act, go to
External Job Description
Do you want to work in a community-centered, quality driven company culture that is focused on saving lives every day? How about working for a company that supports the majority of the blood supply in Colorado? With over 70 years of rich history and almost 400 dedicated employees, we serve nearly 200 healthcare facilities in Colorado and beyond, collect 150,000 units of blood annually and offer a variety of services to better meet the needs of the community.
Partnering with our community to save and enhance lives through transfusion medicine excellence.
Effectively manage events and campaigns to raise funds to support lifesaving operations by cultivating and maintaining relationships with corporate, foundation and individual funders and sponsors.
Your Work Environment:
We know that you can’t make a difference in the community without a positive work environment and a highly qualified team. We pride ourselves on our ability to be persistent, friendly, knowledgeable and accountable as we continue to achieve ambitious goals. You’ll be part of a competent and capable team in which you’ll apply your broad understanding of fundraising fundamentals to enact quick responses to advance the work that we do. As leaders and “doers” in our organization, we’re driven to achieve ambitious goals to support lifesaving operations at Bonfils. Your work directly impacts how many lives that we save.
$44,157.93 – $48,252.56 (commensurate with experience).
Full Benefit Package (
Bonfils Benefits Information
Development and Advancement Opportunities.
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
Minimum Experience Required:
Two to five years development experience required.
Sales or public relations experience a plus.
Grant writing and/or Raiser’s Edge database experience strongly preferred.
The “Nitty Gritty” Job Details:
Under administrative direction, implements comprehensive fund development program. Is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and management of a portfolio of benefactors and prospective benefactors including individuals, corporations and foundations.
Employee will drive for company business and must possess a valid Colorado driver’s license, personal automobile liability insurance as applicable, as well as meet Bonfils’ internal driving policies and insurability guidelines.
Consistently demonstrates integration of Bonfils quality policy by modeling behavior that supports achieving our mission and vision. Supports and incorporates Bonfils business needs, goals, and scorecard initiatives into all business decisions and actions. Exhibits support of our values, quality objectives, ethical, customer care, and confidentiality standards at all times.
Routinely performs duties in compliance with all applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies, including but not limited to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, the current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity and Fair Labor Standards Act.
Your Job Responsibilities:
Assist in the development, implementation and management, in team environment, of fundraising campaigns and events including but not limited to:
- Benefit Concert
- Golf Benefit
- Monthly Giving
- Workplace Giving
- Enterprise Zone and other special tax incentives
Responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and management of a portfolio existing and prospective benefactors.
- Develops and implements an annual plan for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting a portfolio of leadership level individual benefactors and prospective benefactors.
- Works with Foundation and Bonfils Blood Center staff on cultivation and solicitation of individuals.
- Tracks benefactors, actions taken, contacts made and dollars requested in fundraising database.
- Meets regularly with Director to review fundraising initiatives.
- Prepares reports on fundraising activities.
Support in implementation and maintenance of grant management program to determine the best possible match of foundation interest and blood center need.
Represents Bonfils Blood Center Foundation at community and industry events.
- Researches grant guidelines and deadlines to make sure documents necessary for granting entity is prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- With the Director, meets with philanthropic foundations to nurture relationships and to determine the best possible match of foundation interests and blood center needs.
- Works with internal staff to develop and write proposals for specific programmatic and capital funding needs.
- Follows grant calendar to ensure all possible applications are submitted in advance of deadlines.
- Works closely with management to ensure proper use and accounting for funds received.
- Prepares evaluation documentation to meet all funding reporting requirements.
Performs administrative duties, including but not limited to:
- Database management of Raiser’s Edge for donor maintenance, including reporting, gift processing, donor histories, etc.
- Donor correspondence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of development processes and fundraising principles.
Familiarity with Colorado nonprofit community.
Excellent organizational skills.
Outstanding writing and communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Public speaking skills.
Problem solving skills.
Raiser’s Edge or similar database experience.
Ability to prioritize work based on needs of organization and value of project to company mission.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to develop and execute development plans.
Ability to meet multiple project deadlines.
Ability to travel.
Materials and Equipment Directly Used:
General office equipment
Work Environment and Physical Activities:
Manage large number of projects/programs at any one time.
Office environment with periods of sitting.
Flexible work schedule to accommodate business needs.
Interaction with internal/external customers.
Moderate to intense keyboard use.
Some travel required.
They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principal job elements essential for making fair pay
Bonfils Blood Center - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard