Reports to : Development Manager
FLSA Status : Non-Exempt
Available Openings : One
Location : San Diego, CA
Position Closes : Open until filled
Salary : Commensurate with Experience
Job Number: 2014-31-San Diego-76N
The Development Associate is a great opportunity to participate in the field of sustainable energy. CCSE’s development team supports a range of technologies including clean transportation, solar, energy storage and energy efficiency. CCSE’s Development Associate is responsible for supporting the Development team in researching, identifying and communicating funding opportunities, potential industry partners, updating the customer relationship management database and assisting with developing proposals. The Development Associate reports to the Development Manager.
Essential Functions and responsibilities
Essential Knowledge, Sk ills and Abilities
- Research, document and communicate new funding opportunities
- Identify and maintain internal supporting documentation required for funding submissions
- Provide support for proposal development process including maintaining checklist of required documents, assisting with final document preparation, tracking letters of support and other information needed from proposal partners
- Coordinate with marketing and corporate communications to update/maintain design templates used for development and update our customer relationship management database
- Maintain registrations with funders, list serves and vendors
- Represent the organization on bidders’ calls, funding workshops, and other meetings as needed
- Participate in bi-weekly Development meetings, document follow-up actions items
- Assist with the development of proposals (including document assembly, writing, graphics)
- Direct experience with internet and phone research
- Excellent writing, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, assume responsibility, ability to prioritize and resolve problems, work under pressure in a fast paced work atmosphere and to coordinate complex projects
- Outstanding cross-functional communication skills with the proven ability to align internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to travel and to work flexible hours as needed
Education and/or Experience
- Strong understanding of CCSE’s programs, our primary funders and the California sustainable energy regulatory environment
- Experience working within the California regulatory environment such as with the California Public Utilities Commission and California Energy Council programs
Computer and/or Technical Skills:
- 2 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of experience and education. Master’s degree preferred.
- Nonprofit experience a plus
License, Certificates or Registrations:
- Demonstrated fluency in using standard office software packages (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Familiar with standard office procedures, filing, telephone techniques and operation of office equipment
- Advanced uses of word processing, spreadsheet, database and other standard software to create well-formatted documents and materials requiring interpretation and critical thought
- Proficient in typing and good at spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral communication
Valid California Drivers License; insurable in the State of California. Must own a licensed and registered vehicle and be willing to use it for work-related purposes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download and fill the CCSE Application for Employment Form
Please send a resume, application and cover letter along with salary history via e-mail to email@example.com .
- Employee will work in an office environment and must possess the physical abilities to utilize standard office equipment on a daily basis: computer, telephone, copier etc.
- Sitting for extended periods of time while at a desk or in meetings; hearing and visual acuity within normal range; Manual dexterity to operate keyboard and calculator
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others
- Job responsibilities may require the use of personal or CCSE vehicles on CCSE business. Must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver's license, and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for CCSE business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized to drive a CCSE vehicle or if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage
- May work some evenings and weekends or work longer hours to meet deadlines
- Some positions will require the performance of other essential and marginal functions depending upon work location, assignment, or shift
California Center for Sustainable Energy - 12 months ago
CCSE is an independent, nonprofit organization that accelerates the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions throughout California....