ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: |
Responsible for a diverse range of activities to support foundation and major gifts fundraising for nonpartisan, grassroots advocacy organization dedicated to reforming government and strengthening democracy in America. Responsible for foundation grants administration, assists in development and production of foundation applications to support state and national programs, conducts research and analysis to identify potential individual donors and foundation funders, and works with development team to improve major donor list management.
Foundation Fundraising Program:
· Assist with development and production of grant proposals.
· Work with finance department to process foundation awards.
· Draft acknowledgements to be signed by the president.
· Maintain electronic foundation files; continually update foundation projections and entries in Team Approach.
· Ensure that grant reports are submitted in a timely fashion, sending notifications, working with project directors, finance department and foundation director to finalize and submit reports.
· Maintain calendar of grant application deadlines and grant report dates.
· Maintain Common Cause events on Democracy Alliance website.
· Using web-based database, conduct research and analysis to identify potential funders for specific programs and state chapters, with information about grantees, funding categories and grant amounts.
· Organize periodic calls with state staff and foundation relations director to review prospects and check on follow-up re: cultivation and submission.
· Provide support in the drafting and editing of grant applications and communications updating foundation funders on program activities and achievements, etc.
Major Gifts Program:
· To support the major gifts program, prepare major donor target lists for solicitation and cultivation. This involves reviewing and analyzing patterns in major donors’ giving, wealth and charitable propensity ratings, biographical information, level of engagement with Common Cause and its issues, etc., in order to target and make recommendations for (1) appropriate gift request amount for each donor in advance of solicitation mailings; (2) thank you and engagement calls by the president and senior level program staff. Prepare materials as needed.
· Using web-based donor research tool, conduct research to identify prospective donors and current donors who should be approached for upgraded giving, proactively teeing these up to gift officers and supporting major gifts officers in their development of cultivation and solicitation plans.
· Work with director of major gifts and managing director of development to improve systems related to prospect and major donor lists management.
· To support both major giving and foundation programs, maintain files of materials for use in cultivation visits and mailings, and prepare packets as needed to support the programs (E.g.: press releases, news articles on CC work, reports, fact sheets. Etc.)
Take on special projects and activities as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· One to three years related experience at a nonprofit, advocacy organization or foundation.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
· Facility with databases.
· Strong interpersonal skills, proactive self-starter, able to take initiative, and work both independently, and in a team environment across departments.
· Working knowledge of social media tools like Facebook and Twitter.
· Development experience preferable.
Common Cause Massachusetts is a nonpartisan, nonprofit, government watchdog, dedicated to citizen participation in an open, honest, and...