Neighborhood Trust seeks a Development Associate to play a vital role in our rapid growth as a nonprofit financial services innovator. The Development Associate will join our External Relations team and take the lead on institutional grants and a focus on storytelling – communicating the human impact of our work. There are two main areas of focus: a) prospect research and pipeline management and b) writing and communicating client success stories in tandem with our corps of Financial Advisors. The Development Associate will also conduct a fair amount of database work in Salesforce.
The Development Associate will report to the Deputy Director of External Relations and play an integral part in raising philanthropic capital from private foundations, government entities and individuals. The ideal candidate must demonstrate outstanding communication skills, strong writing abilities, a can-do attitude, and a passion for Neighborhood Trust's mission.
ABOUT NEIGHBORHOOD TRUST
Neighborhood Trust's mission is to empower low-income individuals to become productive participants in the U.S. financial system and achieve their financial goals. Neighborhood Trust serves nearly 6,000 clients each year and is regarded as an industry leader in the financial inclusion field. Today we are cultivating our model as a scalable social purpose venture that encourages financial services innovation. For more information visit: neighborhoodtrust.org .
- Prospect Research and Analysis
- Identify and analyze potential grant sources
- Work with External Relations team to craft strategic pitch and generate relevant text, budgets and other requirements
- Monitor industry news and report back to the team for interesting opportunities
- Manage grant pipeline for grant applications and reports
- Storytelling and Communications Collateral
- Work closely with the Financial Advisor corps to write and communicate client success stories to illustrate Neighborhood Trust's impact
- Generate and update development and marketing collateral for varied donor audiences and general public
- Database management to make sure information in Salesforce is accurate and actionable.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-4 years related work experience
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and deliver under pressure
- Knowledge of nonprofit fundraising operations
- Team player who can work autonomously and produce results in a group
- Passion for Neighborhood Trust's work
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package offered.
idealist.org - 14 months ago