Position Opening: Development Consultant
Status: Independent Contractor
Company Information: Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. (YAP) is one of the largest nonprofit Youth and Family Support agencies in the nation, working with high-risk youth and their families. YAP employs more than 2,000 dedicated workers and serves approximately 10,000 families per year. Our goal is to engage human service systems so that they rely less on institutional care and invest more in supporting families and neighborhoods. We currently work with child welfare, juvenile justice, behavioral health, disabilities and education systems to develop and offer community-based alternatives for the highest risk children, young people, young adults and families. Learn more at www.yapinc.org
Summary of the Position: Youth Advocate Programs is looking for an experienced grant writer, knowledgeable in the juvenile justice, child welfare and behavioral health systems, to be part of YAP's Development Team. This person will be assigned to work primarily on government proposals, including responding to complex Federal and State RFP's. The person will also research funding opportunities; conducting needs assessments including analyzing community, youth and provider level information in a given locality; conducting market analyses and also developing proposals for national, state and local foundations. The candidate will be called upon to manage projects.
Essential Functions of the job:
1. Serve as the project lead, write, produce and distribute proactive proposals and proposals in response to complex Federal and State RFP's.
2. Manage Project teams including editing and proofing work of other grant writers and working with field staff to develop proposals.
3. Conduct research necessary to complete projects and/or as directed by management level staff, including analyzing needs data in a given locality, identifying public and private funding options to pursue, market competition analyses, maintain current knowledge of YAP programming in a given locality
4. Proof read, photocopy, collate, and perform any other tasks necessary for production and distribution of documents including but not limited to manuals, contracts, proposals and correspondence.
5. Provide support and assistance for various Departments as assigned.
6. Assist with organization and maintenance of computer and hard-copy files.
Qualifications/Requirements: Bachelors degree required (Masters degree preferred) with at least 5 years of progressive experience in public sector human services grant writing with expertise in juvenile justice, child welfare and behavioral health fields and success in managing complex projects. The candidate must have extensive experience in writing and winning complex government proposals as well as experience in grant writing and fund raising with foundations and corporations. Applicant must have strong analytic abilities in analyzing RFP's; assessing local development needs and developing and implementing a plan to address them. Attention to detail, excellent time management skills and ability to perform various clerical and administrative tasks necessary to produce and distribute documents are also important. The successful candidate will also possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work effectively with staff at various levels and locations, and computer proficiency including but not limited to ability to produce a variety of professional documents utilizing Microsoft Office software. Expertise/experience with Adobe Creative Suite or other publication software packages is preferred.
Compensation: The position is contractual with pay level dependent upon previous experience.
Contact Person: Submit resume, three professional and two personal references to Carla Powell, Director of Corporate & Philanthropic Giving at email@example.com
Youth Advocate Program, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. - 16 months ago