The Development Coordinator, High Hopes Fund is responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of Joslin’s Signature and Community Generated Events.
The Development Coordinator maintains the administrative and organizational structure of Joslin’s High Hopes Team, acting as a liaison between the fundraising and operational efforts. In addition, this individual directly supports the Director of the High Hopes Fund and must operate using initiative, discretion and independent judgment.
- Provide executive assistance to Director of High Hopes Fund and four additional professionals within the team.
- Create agendas, presentations and coordinate meetings for the Director and Manager.
- Produce queries, reports and compile data from Raisers Edge database.
- Produce accurate and timely gift forms for the review and signature of the Director and Manager.
- Work collaboratively with the Operations team to ensure gift acknowledgments are produced within 72 hours of gift’s input into Raiser’s Edge. Acknowledgments should be accurate, paying careful attention to the donor and his/her intent.
- Field and appropriately direct general event related and organizational inquiries as well as greeting and directing visitors attending meetings with staff.
- Assist with the execution of various Cause Marketing Programs.
- Assist the Community Generated Events Officer in the preparation and execution of third party events.
- Assist Development Officer, Special Events, in the preparation and execution of Joslin’s five annual signature events, with a specific focus on auction, raffle, guest registration and other projects as assigned.
- Assist the Leadership Gifts Officer in the execution of the Birthday and Wedding Tribute Gifts Program.
- Manage multiple administrative projects simultaneously, with keen attention to detail. Includes special projects and support of the Director of the High Hopes Fund and the Manager of Corporate Relations & Special Events.
- Manage vendor relationships and ensure the timely processing of invoices for the High Hopes Team.
- Perform other fundraising duties as required.
- Must be able to work with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Minimum 3 years of office experience including at least one year directly involved in some aspect of professional fundraising.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and confidentially and be able to interact with donors, trustees, patients, and staff in a professional manner.
- Strong knowledge of word processing applications (i.e. MS Word), Power Point and ability to use databases and spreadsheets (preferred Raisers Edge and MS Excel).
Joslin Diabetes Center is an EEO M/F/D/V
Joslin Diabetes Center - 13 months ago