The Development Coordinator provides support to Development in the Baker Institute and directly to the Senior Director of Development. Duties include but are not limited to: drafting correspondence, proposal developments, endowed fund agreements and documentation of development interactions. S/he is responsible for scheduling and preparing materials for meetings and coordinating travel arrangements. This position also assists in the development of materials to support the fund raising goals of the institute.
In addition, the Development Coordinator maintains prospective and donor development records, recording contact reports, tracking development interactions, prospect strategy, and list management including electronic tracking and maintenance of the Millennium database. The Development Coordinator will receive and record gifts and pledge commitments on behalf of the institute and report gift memos to Rice University's Office of Resource Development.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.
Experience in an administrative position which includes some experience in any of the following:
- In a service role interacting with customers, donors and/or volunteers.
- Working in a university setting.
May substitute up to one year of the required experience using college coursework on an equivalent year-for-year basis.
Other Skills Required
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of interactive web databases and database management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong skills in coordination and organization, time management, and ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to be goal-oriented and to prioritize heavy job load.
- Willingness to take charge of assignments to completion.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be extremely responsible and dependable.
- Capable of maintaining high level of confidentiality related to donors, charitable giving, and other sensitive projects conducted for the departments and the division.
- Must have a professional appearance, mature attitude, positive and pleasant demeanor, and be capable of making good decisions.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
Rice University - 2 years ago
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of...