IMPORTANT: This Advertiser has requested that applicants MUST be National Residents / Valid Work Permit-holders. Other applicants need not apply.
Development Coordinator for Events and National Advisory Board
Cambridge, MA Office
The Development Coordinator - Events and National Advisory Board (NAB) assists in UCS’s major gifts fundraising, providing essential support for major donor and member engagement activities, planning events and assisting in the management of two volunteer groups. As an integral part of the leadership giving team, the Coordinator helps advance UCS’s relationship with major donors, prospects and National Advisory Board members. The person in this position, in partnership with the Deputy Director of Development, drives an annual calendar of events, assists in the planning of NAB meetings, ensures that accurate records are maintained, and participates in the conception and launch of the new California Leadership Council.
- Maintain schedule of events, overseeing event logistics, including site identification, working with site contacts, creating banquet orders and AV requests, and managing in-house administrative tasks.
- Assist with planning and execution of NAB meetings and related events. Maintain NAB reservations for coming meetings, serve as primary contact with hotel, and assist with follow up from meetings.
- Assist with development and production of NAB materials, including letters, informational pieces, and meeting documents. Manage production of all NAB related materials and nametags. Draft text for emails, cover letters, and website; prepare notes from meeting.
- Maintain current information and manage content for NAB web pages, updating information and posting new materials. Schedule emails for event mailings through organization-wide system and coordinate with web team on content and timing. Serve as a Convio power user for the development team.
- Support the administration and implementation of the new California Leadership Council, assisting with recruitment, planning of meetings and events, Council communications, and maintaining appropriate coding in database.
- Run queries for all meetings and events, formatting and preparing them for review. Update NAB member information in the database and ensure mailings and event attendance are maintained in donor records.
- Serve as part of an administrative support team, maintaining data entry, assisting with production of mailings, ensuring that donor files are kept up-to-date, and managing financial receipts and accounting as necessary. Complete 1 hour of development related filing each week.
- Oversee printing and production of stewardship mailings for major giving, HKS and planned gifts as needed.
- Conducts thank you calls for donors making gifts between $500-$999.
Qualifications and experience
Three to five years’ development experience or equivalent. Excellent writing and organizational skills, experience with event planning and familiarity with major gifts, ability to handle competing priorities. Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other database preferred. Good customer service and interpersonal skills. Must be attentive to detail, able to manage multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team is important . Passion for UCS mission a must. Bachelor’s degree minimum.
At UCS, comparable training and/or experience can be substituted for degrees when appropriate.
Compensation, Hours and Location: This is a full time position based in UCS’s Cambridge office. For candidates who meet all position requirements, the salary is in the low $40,000s. UCS offers excellent benefits and a rewarding work environment, and is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff and to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, salary requirements, how you learned about the position and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Development Coordinator” in the subject line. Email materials in Word or PDF format only. No phone calls please. Deadline: September 29, 2013 or until filled.
EnvironmentJobs - 10 months ago