Title: Development Copywriter
Reports to: Director of Membership and Annual Giving
Location: Boston, MA
Partners In Health (“PIH”), headquartered in Boston, MA, is an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. Through its service delivery, training, advocacy and research, PIH works globally to bring the benefits of modern medical science to those most in need and to serve as an antidote to despair. PIH has major programs in Haiti, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi, the Dominican Republic, and Navajo Nation, working tirelessly to lessen the joint burden of disease and poverty.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Director of Membership and Annual Giving and working in close collaboration with the Manager of Annual Giving and Digital Engagement, the Development Copywriter plays a vital role in crafting compelling messages that drive people to action. S/he writes, edits, produces and analyzes email campaigns, updates and appeals. S/he also repackages, writes, and edits content for print newsletters, direct mail appeals, and other print and digital materials to support the fundraising and development work of Partners In Health.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Working in close collaboration with the Manager of Annual Giving and Digital Engagement, and with the digital consultants, Blue State Digital (BSD), writes PIH emails including updates, donation asks, and advocacy messages.
Coordinate approval process and adhere to established calendar of activity. Participate in regular digital and campaigns meetings.
Build, checklist and send email messages using BSD Tools. Ensure accuracy, correct segmentation and daisy chain sequencing. Use BSD Tools to track results and share metrics.
Develop and write donor-centered communications to support annual giving activities and goals including appeal letters and donor acknowledgments. Articulate specific giving opportunities based on PIH goals and strategy and critical project needs.
Collaborate with the Communications Department to share content and ensure consistency of messaging and presentation among communication streams and across PIH platforms.
Contribute to campaign development with creative ideas and tactics.
Work closely with the Director of Membership and Annual Giving and the communications team to develop/write articles that highlight progress and accomplishments for quarterly donor newsletter.
Write and edit text and contribute to the design and production of programs, invitations, brochures, leaflets, and display materials for development events.
Write/edit other direct response and donor communications as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1- 3 years of experience in a Communications role with a focus on development, donor relations or direct response writing preferred.
- Excellent command of the English language. Fluency in Haitian Creole, French and or Spanish a plus.
- Superlative writing and editing skills and experience collaborating with designers to produce high quality direct response promotional and informational materials.
- Strong computer skills, including fluency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and online communication tools (e.g., mass email software and web content creation and management, including basic html)
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including good judgment, political astuteness, and tact. Proven ability to collaborate with diverse colleagues.
- Resourcefulness, strict attention to detail, and excellent follow-through. Ability to work under pressure, turn writing projects around quickly, and juggle competing priorities.
- Ability to travel internationally to project sites.
- Commitment to global health and social justice.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Partners in Health - 11 months ago
Rue La La
Rue La La
- 5 days ago
North Andover, MA
- 10 days ago
- 5 days ago