Development Director is responsible for coordinating and implementing multiple income development projects in assigned geographic area. Provides direction to staff and volunteers to ensure fundraising goals are achieved. Recruits, cultivates and sustains volunteer relationships and community presence in support of the Arthritis Foundation mission.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of five years of non-profit experience including fundraising, community development, and staff management.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to achieve results through others.
- Strong time management, project management, event management, and meeting management skills.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain long-term donor/customer relationships. Ability to assess income development potential in the assigned territory.
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a positive focused manner and remain composed under stress.
- Proficient knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office software, internet based applications, and computer equipment.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
E ssential Duties & Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Identify, recruit, train, mobilize and cultivate leadership volunteers of influence & affluence in local market to coordinate and implement signature events that will meet and exceed goals.
In conjunction with the Executive Director, ensure successful implementation of the Arthritis Foundation’s fundraising events for the Branch.
In conjunction with Executive Director, actively identify, solicit and cultivate potential donors and Advisory Board Members.
Develop and train strong volunteer leadership for events.
Accountable for achieving the financial goals and implementation of events for Branch as established by Executive Director.
Ability to secure large contributions through event sponsorships, grants and major gifts.
As assigned by the Executive Director the ability to manage any committees or advisory boards.
Work closely with branch and regional development team as well as the national development team including events, major gifts, planned giving and the year round giving team.
Thorough knowledge of the Branch service area with an in-depth understanding of the needs and resources in the area.
Solid command of the Arthritis Foundation’s mission, programs and offerings and can articulate the benefits of these programs to potential community partners and sponsors.
Adhere to Arthritis Foundation reporting guidelines for all event records, data and information requests.
Manage financial resources within the established budget to ensure good stewardship.
Act in the best interest of the Arthritis Foundation to enhance the Arthritis Foundation’s public image.
Travel: Frequent daily travel required to meet with donors, volunteers and sponsors. Travel for National, Regional or local trainings, events, and meetings. Higher frequency during event peak season. Must have reliable transportation.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Anyone interested in applying for this position should send a resume and cover letter email@example.com with "Development Director, San Diego" as the subject.
Arthritis Foundation - 16 months ago