The Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) located in Washington, DC is seeking an experienced Development Director to expand its current fundraising program.
Since 1989 the Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation has maintained a singleness of purpose that has guided the organization to become the most respected and trusted sportsmen's organization in the political arena. CSF's mission is to work with Congress, governors, and state legislatures to protect and advance hunting, recreational fishing and shooting and trapping. The unique and collective force of the Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus (CSC), the Governors Sportsmen's Caucus (GSC) and the National Assembly of Sportsmen's Caucuses (NASC), working closely with CSF, and with the support of major hunting, recreational fishing and shooting, and trapping organizations, serves as an unprecedented network of pro-sportsmen elected officials that advance the agenda of America's hunters and anglers.
Reporting to the President, the Development Director will contribute to development efforts at the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation. This person will be primarily responsible for developing new donors for CSF. The ideal candidate will have experience in all aspects of development/fundraising.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and plan strategies to broaden the donor base and increase annual revenue donations from new donors;
- Find new funding source(s) for the organization;
- Help to create and carry out a long-range development plan designed to establish and maintain strong and positive relationships with various constituents;
- Manage aggressive outreach to prospective individuals, foundations, and corporations;
- Assist with sponsor fulfillment by maintaining consistent communication and follow-up with new and potential donors;
- Attend events such as trade shows as a representative for CSF; and
- Communicate with the Development team throughout the fundraising campaign.
- Bachelors Degree required;
- 8-10 years solid fundraising and donor cultivation experience;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must be competitive and driven;
- A successful track record of personally identifying, cultivating, and soliciting individual donors, corporations, and foundations for support;
- Creative skills in preparing written communications;
- Supporter of hunting, fishing recreational shooting, and professional fish and wildlife management; and
- Commitment to the mission of CSF.
Commensurate with experience
Outside Washington, DC Metropolitan Area
Mail your cover letter, resume, and past 8-10 years fundraising history to Kelli Wagner at 110 North Carolina Avenue SE, Washington, DC 20003
For additional information about CSF visit the following: