Serve as the Development Director for the University to solicit alumni and friends for gifts to support the University, its academic units, programs, faculty and students.
- This position has a primary focus on identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects in order to build a portfolio of individual donors both locally and nationally.
- This position requires travel up to 50%.
- The position requires fundraising ability and knowledge to align prospect interest with institutional need that leads to successful solicitation of annual gifts, major gifts and planned gifts.
- The Development Director will assist with fundraising for special projects and programs in support of academic units.
- This position will require solicitation of corporations for support of University programs and events as assigned.
- Serve as a liaison to represent Park University at official functions.
POSITION CHARACTERISTICS :
(How Tasks Are Performed)Develop and execute solicitation strategies for donors in a selected portfolio; work with various University departments and personnel to determine appropriate fundraising opportunities and strategies; business writing as necessary; this position is required to travel more than 50%.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS, QUALIFICATIONS,
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years directly related fundraising experience required
- Experience with securing five to six figure major gifts preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Strive to achieve financial and non-financial objectives while adhering to ethical standards
- Key abilities needed include relationship development, team work and problem solving
- Ability to work extended hours periodically in support of key University events
- Ability to travel 50%
Park University - 2 years ago
Established in 1875, Park University is a national leader in higher education and is distinguished by its innovative adult-degree completion...