(Project Manager, Program Manager, Launch Manager, Development Director, Service Delivery Manager)
EA – Pogo.com
At Pogo, we love to play and it shows! As a worldwide leader in online casual gaming, every month millions of people come together to play for a whopping 2.7 billion minutes across our ever-expanding portfolio of web, social and mobile titles. Bringing players over 100 classic and new games since 2001, Pogo is currently poised for exceptional growth across key areas of industry innovation. As one of EA’s most profitable divisions, we work hard, we play hard and right now our team is on the lookout for passionate, visionary, whip-smart individuals who believe that fun and games are changing the world!
Pogo is looking for an experienced “hitman or hitwoman”, a dynamic problem solver to drive challenging inter-disciplinary initiatives to successful launch. Clipboard Project Managers need not apply! To be successful in this Development Director II role, you will have successfully managed multiple projects using Agile development and have experience working with distributed development teams. You are someone who ramps fast, can apply lessons learned from previous projects and domains, build credibility with distributed stakeholders, react quickly to change, and drive issues/projects to completion without mandated authority or direct control of many of the resources involved (succeed through influence and credibility, not mandate and authority).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Outstanding planning and problem solving skills
- Identifying gaps in existing departmental processes, recommends and implements viable process improvements
- Tracking and reporting progress (and blockers) across multiple related efforts delivered by different groups (creating a ‘plan of plans’, aggregated status reports, holistic roadmap to delivery or launch)
- Herd internal teams and vendors to deliver on project schedules, drive quick triage and resolution of blockers
- Work with distributed stakeholders to resolve conflicts, whether by clarifying requirements or designs, proposing new staffing or delivery approaches, or facilitating escalations and objective assessments by external parties
- Proactively maintain clear risk inventories for projects and develop mitigation strategies
- Facilitate communication and collaboration across the studio
- Identify and remove roadblocks that prevent the teams from performing to their highest potential
- Career manager for Development Managers and Development Directors on the Pogo team, providing feedback and coaching
- Responsible for planning and managing headcount within approved project and studio budgets
- Some travel to China required
- WHAT SKILLS DOES EA LOOK FOR IN A DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR II?
- Experience working with a distributed team spread across multiple locations
- Successfully delivered projects using Agile development in a distributed development environment
- Exceptional project management skills (task planning, scheduling, progress tracking, reporting)
- Experience keeping complicated, multi-disciplinary projects on schedule
- Risk management with probability and impact assessment, mitigation strategies and contingency planning
- Extremely organized, able to manage multiple projects concurrently, able to adapt quickly to new tools, processes and challenges
Rock solid communication, both written and verbal
Ability to translate projects and cross-project activities into clear paths (critical path maps, Road to Launch plans, flow diagrams, deployment/testing/validation sequences)
Creates clear picture of the situation and the road to success, accessible by broad audiences (Visio diagrams, Power point presentations, dependency maps, launch timelines)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Very organized, able to manage multiple items concurrently
- Ability to react quickly and calmly to changes and obstacles
- Can step in to new situations, learn the lay of the land, and quickly start adding value
- Strong team leader, able to set a clear vision, motivate team
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Perforce. Hansoft and JIRA experience is a plus
- Educational background should include a Degree in Computer Science or equivalent; PMP certification is a plus
- 3 - 5 years of software development experience; experience in social games industry is a plus
- 5+ years leadership experience; strong negotiation, mediation, morale building and conflict resolution skills
- Experience working in a live services model is preferred
- A passion for games including mobile or social platforms a plus!
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re a community of artists,...