Responsible for all fundraising for the local area, coordinating community awareness and
assisting schools with enrollment, directing Development Coordinator where applicable.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for recruiting and supporting the local
Development Council. Director serves as community outreach for local school area.
Responsible for recruiting and coordinating the local Development Council including board
agendas, training and cultivation of new members.
2. Responsible for all areas of fundraising including grant writing, event coordinating and
3. Provide community awareness through presentations to the community and membership through
key local organizations such as Chamber of Commerce and other such business or civic
4. Works with the Development Chief of Staff to create an annual event calendar for the local area.
Collaborates with marketing an Public Relations contract employees related to local area.
5. Provide a draft annual operations budget.
6. Develop budgets for each event and meet all budget constraints, once approved, as well as
manage and track all expenditures.
7. Track all donations, donors, and communications through donation software at Salesforce.com.
8. All other duties as assigned.
Office of Human Resource Services
Texans Can! Development Director
Volunteers, event staff and Development Coordinator, when applicable to the local area.
Personal computer, printer, calculator, copier, and fax machine.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress; work with frequent interruptions. Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer
Bachelors Degree required
Previous experience in community partnership building and networking required.
Previous experience speaking to or making presentations to a variety of groups required.
Knowledge and understanding of the business and economic climates of local areas.
Minimum 5 years experience in fundraising preferred.
TEXANS CAN! - 17 months ago
Texans Can Academies is a non-profit organization operating public charter high schools throughout the State of Texas. Texans Can Academies...