POSITION TITLE: Development Director
REPORTS TO: CEO
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time; Exempt
The Womens Business Development Council (WBDC) is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to educate, motivate and empower women to become economically self-reliant through entrepreneurship and expanded career opportunities. WBDC provides programs, workshops, one-on-one consulting and coaching and special events. WBDCs main office is in Stamford with offices in Waterbury and Shelton and training sites in other cities and towns throughout CT. WBDC offers a competitive benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, paid time off, holidays, retirement and more in a supportive working environment.
Reporting to and in partnership with the CEO, the Development Director will spearhead all development efforts as WBDC continues to grow. The Director will have the opportunity to build the development function presenting a professional image with a primary focus on the establishment and development of relationships with individual donors, foundations and corporations. He/she is responsible for developing and implementing an annual fund development strategy focusing on donor cultivation, special projects, and corporate grants. The Development Director is a team player and a highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude working in an entrepreneurial environment. The ideal candidate should be committed and solution oriented with a high energy personality and a strong track record of successful fundraising
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute WBDCs annual fundraising plan; oversee and maintain responsibility for all development opportunities.
- Manage the selection and implementation of fundraising software and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Oversee organization of special events.
- Oversee the development and tracking of proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Provide leadership for and support to BOD Fund Development Committee.
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications plan to support development work.
- Serve as a member of the leadership team, providing input on and insight about key development strategies and events and maintain frequent and open communication with the WBDC leadership team and members of the Board of Directors.
- Work with the CEO to research, cultivate, solicit and secure financial support from individual donors, foundations and corporations.
- Prospect the investor universe for new accounts that share our mission and goals and establish credibility, trust and rapport with the appropriate contact at these accounts.
- Assist the CEO in developing and maintaining key long-term relationships with donors and prospects.
- Oversee the Annual Appeal and Annual Breakfast.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the donor database.
- Oversee grant writers.
- Develop and execute a communications/marketing plan to support the fund development plan and maximize donor retention, and incorporate fund development into program outreach activities.
- Work with VP of Programs/Services, Grant Writers and Marketing to develop, gather and communicate substantive economic impact goals to WBDC stakeholders.
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Minimum 8 yrs. in a full time direct non-profit Development related role (e.g. donor and corporate fundraising)
- Demonstrated success in annual fund, corporate, foundation, individual major gifts fundraising and grant-writing.
- Must possess an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational and managerial skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong relationship-building, client service and selling skills.
- Willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationally.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail required.
- Must be a self-starter with proven leadership skills.
Philanthropy Careers - 12 months ago