In this position, you will be responsible for process design and conversion of novel packaging materials. Specific responsibilities include:
· Refine polymer compounding processes including improved dispersion and compatibilization of proprietary additives and fillers.
· Manage external film and sheet converters: process approvals/audits, specifications and product acceptance standards;
· Develop or adapt coextrusion and/or extrusion coating processes to incorporate composite resins into films, thermoformable sheets and formed packages;
· Process complete films structures, sheets and compatible lid structures;
· Optimize extrusion of highly-loaded composite sheet structures with appropriate sealant layers or adhesive coatings;
· Develop appropriate sealant coating process(es);
· Design and optimize pilot processes to produce testable roll stock;
· Scale up of various polymer-based prototype materials as they are developed to pilot or production process including process development and design
To qualify, you must have at least a bachelors degree in mechanical, chemical, polymer, and/or packaging engineering with an emphasis on material science, packaging or plastics. A minimum of three to five years experience in development and scale up of converting technologies for polymers and composite materials is required. A demonstrated ability to work with suppliers and custom converters is necessary. Broad experience with plastics and composites co nverting including sheet extrusion and multilayer packaging structures preferred. The successful individual will be very hands on, a self starter, and can aggressively drive projects to completion.
Multisorb Technologies - 30+ days ago
Multisorb Technologies is the worldwide leader in active packaging technology. For over 50 years Multisorb has offered solutions for managin...