This is an excellent opportunity for a student to gain experience working in the development department of a national non-profit organization. The development department intern assists the development staff with various aspects of our fundraising activities related to donor research, event planning, mailings and outreach, and other cultivation activities.
- Prepare and help assemble major donor mailings and solicitations
- Assist in the creation of materials for donor solicitation events around the country
- Conduct research to evaluate current and prospective individual donors to match their interest with the program priorities of People for the American Way/People For the American Way Foundation
- Work with development staff to develop reports to aid in donor solicitation and tracking
- Analyze current donor files to help ensure the accuracy and timeliness of information in the files
- Conduct research on foundations to identify new donors whose grants portfolio match the program priorities of PFAW/F
- Assist with development and fundraising administrative tasks when needed.
This is an unpaid internship but we will work with students who wish to arrange academic credit and will reimburse interns for local, job related commuting expenses. We are looking for someone to work full-time or part-time, with a minimum time commitment of 15 hours per week.
- Computer proficiency including experience using online research tools and MSOffice
- Excellent organizational and writing skills
- Great attention to detail
- An interest in non-profit development and a commitment to People For issues.