Our client is seeking a Development Manager of Gift Card Solutions. As a critical member of the technology team, you will assist in the hiring and management of a team of developers and help define the path forward for our technology solutions supporting our aggregated gift card business. You will work closely with our product managers, project managers and business analyst to define, organize, plan and execute the work associated with re-architecting our existing systems and launching new products and features in support of our online and offline consumer sales as well as our growing B2B business. You will also be assisting in the transformation of our Technology to a more modular and services oriented architecture, better able to support the growing and evolving needs of the business.
- Take high-level architectural visions and distill them down to detailed blueprints able to be executed on by developers
- Work with Product Managers, Project Managers, Developers and QA Engineers to drive the execution of projects, and ensure work is on-time and developed in-line with our overall architectural vision.
- Perform technology evaluations against product requirements and in keeping with architectural vision
- Manage team of developers and assign work appropriately with a vision towards having the right person for the job, while ensuring adequate redundancy of resource knowledge
- Assist Product and Project Managers in tracking and responding to relevant business questions and issues
- Ensure the security of our gift card data with best practice techniques
- Investigate and at times prototype new Technologies to better solve our product needs
- Coordinate planning of release details with team
- Perform code reviews of our internal developers and any external consultants
- Drive and improve our release process to include automated builds, automated running of unit tests and regressions tests
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
- 3 years+ management experience
- 5 years+ development experience (Java required, PHP a plus)
- Experience managing, developing and/or integrating with financial systems
- Experience building out web services
- Understanding of best practices for securing applications and application data
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies
- Strong team, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with and get the most out of a diverse team
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Up-to-date on current technologies
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to Haves
- Strong working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
- Experience developing or managing ecommerce sites
InRhythm - 12 months ago
Who Are We?
We are a NY city based boutique agile process-consulting and product development firm that specializes in a whole gamut of...