About SailPoint :
SailPoint is empowering some of the world’s largest organizations to mitigate risk, reduce IT costs and demonstrate compliance efforts – all while meeting the highest standards of corporate governance. SailPoint IdentityIQ is a business-oriented identity governance solution that delivers risk-aware compliance management, integrated user lifecycle management, adaptive role management, access request management and identity intelligence. We were awarded one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2011 and 2012.
Who We Want :
This role is responsible for managing a team of very experienced software engineers who are responsible for the technical development of the SailPoint product, writing quality code and debugging tough problems. To lead this team, we are looking to bring on an experienced and motivational manager who will be responsible for leading all aspects of the design and development of our software. A background in Agile software development environment is preferred.
• Day-to-day leadership of the Engineering team.
• Partnering with Product Management to ensure the team has a clear strategic direction and roadmap.
• Resource allocation for key projects.
• Coaching engineers to develop their full potential.
• Project planning – identifying, scoping, prioritizing, tracking and reporting deliverables and milestones.
• Managing risk and issues.
• Extensive background in Engineering
• Results focused with a track record of success working in an Agile environment.
• Experience building and managing a team of Software Engineers
• Good understanding of software development in Java
• An exceptional mentor and leader with a passion for continuous improvement.
• Excellent organization and communication skills.
• Ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
• Pro-active, flexible and a people person.
This position is based in Austin, Texas
BA/BS or equivalent experience