Shoutlet is a leading enterprise social media software company and we’re looking for a Development Manager to work in our Madison, WI headquarters.
The Development Manager will manage technical personnel and engineering projects and releases. This position is responsible for leading and motivating software engineers on various projects to ensure timeliness and quality.
- Provide technical guidance to stakeholders when gathering business requirements
- Give technical assistance to software developers during implementation of features
- Enable software engineers by removing roadblocks, answering questions, and bringing stakeholders together
- Perform some software development and maintenance
- Manage engineering and other project staff with responsibilities including but not limited to: hiring, terminating, training, assigning work, evaluating work, and determining quality and quantity of work
- Address issues of a technical, procedural, administrative, or personal nature with employees in a timely and professional manner
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- BA/BS or equivalent in computer information technology, computer engineering or related degree
- Minimum 7-10 years of management experience in software engineering and development
- Advanced technical knowledge in programming and full life-cycle application development
- Knowledge of SCRUM
- Knowledge of unit testing
- Knowledge of software development and project management processes
- Skills in modeling, simulation, testing, quality assurance, usability, automation and coding
- Ability to develop teams, strategies, relationships and cooperation
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work independently and in team environments
- Some evening work may be occasionally required for deployments and releases
We’re growing at an astonishing rate and work with amazing brands like NASCAR, Shutterfly, Finish Line, Fox Sports, and Norwegian Cruise Line. If you want to add to that list, have a passion for social, and thrive on the fastest pace imaginable, we should talk.
We offer competitive salaries, 401k, health/dental/vision benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), and short-term/long-term disability coverage. Compensation for this position will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Shoutlet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shoutlet, Inc. is a leading development company based in Madison, Wisconsin, that licenses social media marketing tools. Shoutlet's...