Alternative Titles: Program Manager, Product Manager |
Founded in 2002, Speck Products is a worldwide leader in fun, functional and stylish cases and bags for iPhone, iPod, MacBook, BlackBerry, iPad, and tons of other personal electronic devices. All of us at Speck share a common goal: to make the essential and magical gadgets you love even more awesome. Our line of products can be found at Apple retail stores, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, ToysRUs and at other electronics dealers worldwide. The Development Manager is responsible for managing a team of Project Managers to ensure the development of products that embody Speck ’s essence, maintain our high standards, and meet our commitments.
What You ’ll Do:
Desired Professional Profile:
- Manage a team of 4-6 Project Managers to ensure product is shipped on time and meets our cost and quality requirements.
- Help to develop and maintain effective processes to ensure deliverables are being met to Speck standards. This will be a key function as we continue to grow
- Ensure each team member and all pieces come together during major launches (i.e. iPhone, Samsung, iPad launches). Essentially the program manager driving all team members to hit dates and deliverables to ensure smooth product launches
- Working with PM ’s to provide project visibility
- Monitor and adjust resources to meet project needs
- Advise and counsel Project Managers and, when necessary, step in to remove roadblocks
- Initiate and manage the recruiting and hiring process for Development personnel; ensure Development is staffed appropriately to meet demands and commitments, including administering performance review
- Administer performance reviews
- Weekly meeting status reports and daily project updates with company team members including Designers, Engineers, Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service.
- Communication with domestic and oversea suppliers to establish and maintain productive relationships, including but not limited to, videoconference, phone calls and overseas travel
- Monitoring developments, anticipating problems, and addressing /facilitating solutions in a timely manner to minimize quality problems and production delays
- Managing product development across vendors to maintain consistency and overall quality across product lines and manufacturers
Speck Products does not accept agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, contact Speck employees, or our community. Speck Products is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- 3+ years in Management role, preferably managing PM ’s
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- Exceptional time management skills, the ability to shift gears quickly, wear multiple hats and anticipate issues vs. always having to react to them.
- Team builder with the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Ability to thrive and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Knowledge of the Consumer Electronics Industry ’s supply chain process, margins and timelines
- Bachelors degree or comparable experience
Candidates who move forward in the final selection process will be subject to both reference and background checks, conducted by a third party, as a condition of our hiring policy. Speck Products is a proud equal opportunity workplace.
Speck Products - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -