Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is seeking a seasoned Development Officer who possesses hands-on experience in cultivating donor-centric six-figure relationships which have resulted in major gift donations. This exceptional opportunity will provide an individual the opportunity to establish fundraising strategies through a donor focused development program.
Reporting to HFHI’s Director, Major Gifts - East, this Development Officer, Major Gifts will be responsible for developing a strategy and the portfolio required to identify, close and retain mid-six figure relationships with individuals, and for meeting a multi-million dollar annual revenue goal. This position will be based at HFHI's Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia .
Primary Responsibilties Include:
1. Establishing a strategic and systematic focus on closing six-figure commitments from high net-worth individuals
2. Identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding qualified prospects and donors, managing a portfolio of approximately 150 qualified relationships in a defined territory
3. Meeting or exceeding multi-million dollar annual revenue goals
4. Strategically engaging Board members and senior leaders in the development process
1. BA/BS required, MBA and CFRE preferred
2. 5+ years of front-line experience in leadership gifts development in a large, nationwide setting, preferably as part of a nationally deployed team
3. Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising in an environment of similar complexity.
4. Experience in a multi-national federated organization with the ability to thrive
5. Collaborating with others in a complex, matrix-structured, dynamic organizational environment.
6. Ability to engage senior managers and board members in donor visits, and to earn and maintain their confidence
7. Successful experience closing complex six-figure commitments including planned gifts, campaign and endowment gifts, and investment options
8. Superior presentation skills, including the presence to deal effectively with diverse constituencies including principal donors, Board members, national staff and leadership in the field.
9. Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively, and to listen, and an unusual capacity to engage, inspire and persuade
HFHI’s mission is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat for Humanity International has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, where our employees build futures and lives.
Please cut and paste your cover letter and resume as ONE DOCUMENT into our applicant tracking system, when applying.
Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, Human...