4+ years of experience
- Job Summary
- Responsible for direct fundraising to include capital campaigns, major giving and planned giving, solicits new endowments and funds , support for existing endowments and funds, annual fund/direct mail. Assists with other events, and any events not assigned to other Development Officers. Supports Development staff as required in their direct solicitation of donor prospects, may provide wealth assessment information, makes calls on prospective donors, to include planned giving, etc. Responsible for working with Data Analyst on all donor recognition, e.g. 1818 Society Membership, Donor Recognition Boards, Annual Stewardship Reports, Web Site recognition. Works with Corporate Communications to coordinate the production of the Foundation Update and other Foundation materials.
- Qualifications Required
- High school graduate (GED) required.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in in Business, Communications, Philanthropy or similar liberal arts degree.
- Valid driver's license and report of acceptable Motor vehicle Record for past 5 years required.
- Four or more years in direct fundraising support in a not-for-profit charitable organization
- Experience in planning and executing strategic fund raising initiatives.
- Working knowledge of nonprofit fiscal management, including fund accounting and budgeting.
- Demonstrated ability in public speaking, written and oral communication and interpersonal relations.
- Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising practices.
- Demonstrated advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated advanced interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in multiple software applications including word processing.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, prioritize responsibilities, meets deadlines, and accomplish detailed work with accuracy and clarity.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, displaying initiative and versatility.
- Physical Demands
- Ability to move throughout the Foundation and Hospital to accomplish duties. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing. Will be required to sit for long periods of time, with high level of mental/visual concentration. Work requires long periods of time working with computer. May also require frequent walking.