Exempt (Paid monthly)
If part time, hours to be worked weekly
If temporary please provide Start Date
And End Date
Position Summary Information
Purpose of this Position
Carleton College welcomes applications for a Development Officer (two openings). This position is responsible to develop and sustain the Carleton stewardship tradition by communicating the College’s needs and priorities to individual alumni, parents, and friends.
Both openings are full-time (1.0 FTE ) exempt, regular, benefit-eligible staff positions.
Essential Job Functions - Responsibilities
The Development Officer(s) will report to the Director of Leadership Giving or the Director of Individual Giving and will have the following responsibilities:
• Qualify and cultivate donor prospects, solicit and close capital, planned, and annual gifts of $50,000 and up.
• Complete 250 personal visits and cultivation steps per year with donors and donor prospects. (Requires occasional weekend and evening work and traveling 45% annually.)
• Identify ways to increase involvement of donors and donor prospects in the activities of the College, and provide appropriate stewardship for donors.
• Carefully review files prior to donor visits and write and file timely and thorough reports afterward, including acknowledgments and individual gift proposals.
• Maintain regular contact with assigned donors, donor prospects, and leadership volunteers.
• Participate with Development colleagues and others in regular planning meetings that facilitate initiating, developing, and implementing appropriate events, communications, activities, and campaigns.
Baccalaureate degree required. Candidate must be committed to the values of a liberal arts education, possess excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, have the highest ethical standards, and the ability to directly solicit gifts.
Experience in Development is desirable, and experience in educational fundraising and capital campaigns is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Carleton College - 19 months ago