The Pursuant Group—one of the largest fundraising and
marketing agencies in the United States—has worked with
over 20,000 clients and has been named to the ‘Inc 500’
Fastest Growing Private Companies list for the past
three years running. We are seeking top talent to
continue our growth and success in the nonprofit
marketplace. We value integrity. We believe in long-term
relationships. We move fast and expect performance but
enjoy being involved in a positive work environment,
accomplishing high-impact meaningful work.
The Development Officer (DO) will report to the Vice
President, Fundraising Services and will be responsible
for directing mid-level and major giving programs with
clients in various non-profit market segments, including
Greek and Higher Education. These services typically
supplement the efforts of the client’s in house
development personnel. The DO will direct campaign
efforts for clients requiring capital for building
projects. He/She will also supervise Associate
Development Officers involved in delivering Pursuant’s
signature mid-level giving initiative – the Charitable
potential donors through telephone and e-mail outreach
- Appointment Setting. Scheduling appointments with
based upon pre-arranged trips to major metropolitan
case for support (reasons to give) in a concise and
- Case Statement Presentation. Explaining the client’s
compelling manner to raise donor awareness and
options; showing the ability to overcome objections and
- Gift Solicitation & Follow-Up. Presenting giving
the pursue gift commitments after the face-to-face
donor support through letters, e-mail, phone calls and
- Stewardship. Expressing thoughtful appreciation of
follow-up visits. Explaining how past support has
advanced the client’s mission.
Development Officers, as well as client personnel, in
- Supervision. Guiding and motivating Associate
the implementation of Pursuant’s Charitable Partners™
established for particular client engagements.
- Leadership. Adhering to the performance metrics
Opportunities to promote client use of other Pursuant
services will occur, although the position is primarily
oriented toward client service.
required (75-100 nights per year) if necessary to meet
- Client Meetings & Travel. Extensive travel will be
client obligations. The DO will be based either at
Pursuant offices in Dallas, TX or another location near
large populations of client donor prospects.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Minimum of 3 years face-to-face donor cultivation
- Strong client and supervisory references
- Detail-oriented with strong follow up critical to
values of the client
- Good judgment in discerning and operating within the
the ability to represent the client in a positive and
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and
professional manner during interaction with the client’s
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and GoToMeeting (or
- Computer literacy, including strong understanding of
similar webinar systems), and other database and
web-based fundraising tools.
strong communication with the home office in Dallas.
- Ability to work well independently while maintaining
Location: Dallas, TX
- Bachelors Degree required.
Pursuant Group - 6 months ago
At Pursuant, we're committed to a single purpose: serving nonprofits and helping them achieve their greatest potential. That's why we offer...