Performs the administrative duties of planning, organizing, directing and coordinating special development efforts. Responsibilities may include: cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual, foundation, and corporate support for the TTU /System; adherence to the prospect management system; and plans, coordinates and evaluates development goals.
Responsible for fiscal management of development goals. Work is performed under general supervision with broad latitude for initiative. May supervise subordinate employees.
• Work performed under the supervision of the Associate Vice Chancellor ( AVC )
• Must be able to accomplish agreed upon fundraising projects and goals.
• Raise a minimum of $1,000,000 annually
• Participation in HSC and System development initiatives and campus activities
• Review specific plans for development with the AVC .
• Represent TTUHSC to area donors, friends and prospects.
• Ability to work in an autonomous environment with assistance from staff to support the execution of the development functions.
• Identify goals and prospective donors.
• Approach the job with a philosophy of development, defined as “the total process by which an organization increases public understanding of its mission and acquires financial support for its programs.”
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree plus three years development or sales related experience. Additional education may substitute on a year for year basis for experience.
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, writing and presentation skills.
• Exceptional initiative and ability to work with limited direct supervision.
• Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office and Advance database system.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Permian Basin
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Hourly Pay Range
0 - 0
Monthly Pay Range
0 - 0
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.