Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc®, and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at more than 35,400 kiosks across over 29,000 locations nationwide, including select McDonald’s restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Wal-Mart and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.Redbox.com . Information about Coinstar, Inc. can be found at www.coinstarinc.com .
Development Operations Engineer
We are looking for a Development Operations Engineer that will be responsible for the support and deployment of software packages across multiple environments at Redbox. Collaboration across many departments to deliver new software projects from development to production. This includes on-call duties as well as off-time upgrades and maintenance. Must have ability to think quickly and respond diligently to on and off-duty alerts/issues.
Summary of Key Responsibilities :
- On-call 24x7 phone support. Level 2-3 support
- Manage application-level monitors for website and middle tier services
- Respond to sitescope alerts and other system monitoring tools
- Monitor transactional vital statistics and application response times
- Administer Windows Server 2003 and 2008. Configure server framework/pre-requisites for application loading
- Troubleshoot origin of errors, website, app servers, network and database
- Troubleshoot prod and QA environments encompassing:
- IIS configurations (IIS 6.0/7.0/7.5)
- application configurations (.Net Framework)
- file/directory permissions
- performance counter monitoring and analysis
- Network Load Balancing, Firewall, DNS, and server routing
- Troubleshoot application errors/issues and closely work with development-team, DBAs, Network Team on resolving those issues
- Notify stakeholders (Project Team, Tech Leadership) about system status and provide resolution for environment/application related issues
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in synching-up and performance tuning multi-tier environment (DEV,QA, STAGING, PROD)
- Experience in deploying software packages in both VM and physical boxes using automated CM tools (Anthill Pro, SVN, Cruise Control)
- 1-2 years of Power shell scripting and batch scripting experience needed. (Shell, Perl experience can also act as equivalent)
- 1+ years of experience with MySQL a plus.
- Experience with Agile Methodology
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS required ideally in CS, IT or other scientific/linguistic fields or equivalent development experience
- 3-5 years of experience in related position, managing large scale systems
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
Renting more than 3 billion discs to date, Redbox is America's destination for movies and video games. With 35,900 locations nationwide,...