Job Description Summary
The Development Research Analyst independently identifies, qualifies, and researches major gift prospects and donors with an emphasis on non-US residents to support Babson College. Specifically responsible for conducting biographical and financial research on domestic and international prospects and preparing confidential profiles and briefings for the President, Vice President of Development, and Leadership Gift Officers.
- Work independently on the identification and qualification of fundraising prospects through electronic and hard copy media.
- Work with the Director, Development Research and Senior Development Research Analyst on proactive projects used to identify prospects among the College’s alumni, parents, and friends.
- Conduct research and provide information on prospects and donor giving capacities, inclinations to give, interests, and other biographical data to Advancement colleagues and select campus departments.
- Clarify research questions continuously and work closely with colleagues to ensure most effective research strategies.
- Communicate clearly and professionally through written documentation research strategy, outcome, and follow-up recommendations.
- Develop and run queries in fundraising database.
- Assist in maintaining donor information in both paper and electronic prospect files.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor’s Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- A minimum of 1-3 years of previous experience
- Shows global competency/has cultural knowledge and the ability to read, write, and speak the language fluently for one or more of the following: India, China, Southeast Asia and South America.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive manner
- Demonstrated electronic and library research experience utilizing both public and subscription based databases with particular knowledge of international resources
- Ability to summarize extensive and diverse facts into useful information
- Knowledge of fundraising, preferably in an academic environment
- Demonstrated technology skills with relational database and Microsoft Office experience
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Preference for those with multiple language proficiency and international travel experience.