Position: Development Scientist II, Upstream
Reports to: Associate Director, Upstream
Location: Cheshire, CT
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients with severe and ultra-rare disorders through the innovation, development and commercialization of life-transforming therapeutic products. Alexion is the global leader in complement inhibition, and has developed and markets Soliris® (eculizumab) as a treatment for patients with PNH and aHUS, two debilitating, ultra-rare and life-threatening disorders caused by chronic uncontrolled complement activation. Soliris is currently approved in more than 35 countries for the treatment of PNH, and in the United States for the treatment of aHUS. Alexion is evaluating other potential indications for Soliris and is pursuing development of other innovative biotechnology product candidates in early stages of development. This press release and further information about Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. can be found at: www.alexionpharma.com.
The Development Scientist II will play a leading role in bioreactor process development, scale-up, and lab scale process validation studies. It is expected that a successful candidate will spend 60% of his/her time in the lab.
• Acts as a technical expert in the areas of bioreactor process scale-up, scale-down model development and qualification (20%)
• Plans and executes bioreactor process validation studies using a scale-down model (20%)
• Plays a leading role in developing a scalable cell culture process for a clinical candidate, while managing the collaboration with Purification Development, Analytical Sciences, and Protein Characterization (20%)
• Participates in the establishment of cell culture process development platform for early-stage clinical manufacturing process (10%)
• Exercises leadership in the design, execution and analysis across a range of experiments including fluid dynamics simulations, kLa measurements and bioreactor mixing characteristics (10%)
• Seeks out and evaluates novel technologies to enhance process development efficiency and manufacturing operations (10%)
• Manages, motivates, and coaches one or more direct reports (10%)
BioSpace.com - 12 months ago
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Alexion) is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development and delivery of biologic...