Natera is looking for a highly motivated, hands-on development scientist to join a world-class team of scientists to enhance delivery of cutting edge lab developed tests. The responsibilities of this position include leading the transfer of tests from research to production and interfacing with the production team to improve and scale existing tests.
- PhD in genetics, molecular biology, or related field and > 4 years of experience in molecular biology research and development, with emphasis on development
- Substantial experience in optimizing laboratory methods and workflows as well as developing assays for quality control, verification, and qualification of reagents and equipment
- Proven success in managing collaborative and individual projects
- Skilled at writing clear SOPs
- Familiar with quality management, including design control, and risk analysis and mitigation strategies
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with various liquid handling robotics platforms as well as adapting and validating assays for robotics
- Understanding of regulatory requirements under CLIA, NYS, (FDA experience a plus)
- Knowledge of essential laboratory methods such as qPCR, gel electrophoresis, bioanalyzer, DNA quantitation, PCR, next generation sequencing a plus
Natera has developed proprietary technology to detect minute quantities of DNA more accurately than any other commercial lab in the world. Natera is actively applying these technologies to the area of maternal and prenatal health to revolutionize the science of supporting healthy families. The company operates a CLIA certified laboratory in California and has world wide distribution for its products.
The Natera team consists of statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists and software engineers from world class institutions. Our technology has been funded by six grants from the National Institute of Health and a group of private investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital. After only three years on the market, Natera is now the leading provider of genetic testing to IVF centers in the US, and is scaling rapidly to meet the needs of other markets across the US and the world.
Natera is driven by a passion for elevating the science and utility of prenatal testing. The advent of the Information Age has created a...