Our customers’ satisfaction with our service is a critical part of WideOrbit’s success. When customers have questions regarding our products, we need to be able to handle their issues quickly and efficiently. Our Product Support team is the first line of support, but when they have a situation that’s technically complex, they depend on our Development Support team. As a Development Support Engineer, you’ll be helping our clients by working with the Product Support team to resolve their issues. In a sense, you’re the bridge between our customers and our development team. This is a perfect opportunity for someone that has strong technical skills but also enjoys interacting with people.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Here’s what we’re looking for :
- Assist our Product Support team in solving customer issues
- Write scripts to detect and fix problems in customer databases.
- Support our Release Team when they upgrade customers to new product versions.
- Assist our Professional Services team, which provides customized integrations with software from other vendors.
- Communicate directly with clients to understand their needs.
- Work with our Development team to verify their fixes successfully solve customer problems
- Recreate customer issues on in-house databases.
- Be available to complete urgent customer requests during off-hours
- Experience working for a software company in a product support or development role is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Be interested in learning our product inside-out.
- Strong T-SQL scripting skills.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Windows PowerShell.
This position will be based in the San Francisco office. Schedule is 10:00 am to 7:00 pm Mon – Fri.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a competitive salary and great work environment, here are some of our additional benefits and perks:
Health insurance, options, company paid Health Reimbursement Account, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, snacks and coffee in the café, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
WideOrbit - 5 months ago