Job Duties & Responsibilities
The Human Resources Information Systems Payroll is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to lead a team of developers in supporting Payroll and HR initiatives. The team lead will be responsible for the planning, scheduling, designing, programming, testing, and implementation of system projects. This includes 24x7 production support, coaching, mentoring, and evaluating performance of team members, and day-to-day operations of the team.
The ideal candidate will exhibit strong critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills, excellent interpersonal and communications skills, and the ability to multi-task. You must have demonstrated success in leading an applications development team and building partnerships with the business community and within IT. This position requires flexibility and the ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive can-do attitude. We’re looking for a dynamic team leader who has a minimum of 6 years of experience and a proven track record of managing large, complex projects from inception to implementation accurately and on schedule.
• 7+ years of PeopleSoft Payroll and/or Human Capital Management development related experience is required
• A proven track record of managing large, complex projects from inception to implementation accurately and on schedule
• 6+ years of experience as a team lead supervising programmers through the development activities related to an upgrade, implementation, enhancement, and/or maintenance of PeopleSoft modules to include North American Payroll, Time and Labor, Absence Management, Workforce Administration, and Human Resources is required
• Knowledge of Benefits Administration, eBenefits, and Pension modules is a plus
• Experience in leading cross-functional projects that span multiple teams and departments is a must
• Direct experience with delivering development project deliverables, work papers and other project artifacts is required
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite of products such as Word, Excel, MS Project, and SharePoint and/or equivalent is required
• Proven track record of process improvements and staff development is required
• Working knowledge of PeopleSoft version 9.2 functionality and technologies is a plus
• Solid knowledge of Payroll and Human Capital Management transaction processing
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong meeting facilitation and presentation skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent leadership, organizational and time management skills
• Ability to effectively delegate workload, and manage the allocation, utilization, and direction of resources
• The candidate must be pursuing or have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Required Technical Skills
• PeopleSoft HR, North American Payroll, and Time and Labor applications. Hands-on experience with development software such as PeopleTools, PeopleSoft Application Designer, Application Engine, Integration Broker, Structured Query and Reporting (SQR), XML Publisher, and Process Schedule
$110,000 to $115,000 based on experience.
How To Apply
Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later.
Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Internal Use Only
wp123 in123 dbt gdoorit
GEICO - 8 months ago
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing...