Imagine joining a group of individualseach with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Located in San Antonio, TX, the Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas (GSSWT) is a community-based organization dedicated to building girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. We have more than 30,000 girl and adult members and serve 21 counties in Southwest Texas, including: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Gonzalez, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Kinney, Maverick, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Wilson and Zavala.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world's preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of more than 3 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, GSUSA helps cultivate values, social conscience and self esteem in young girls, while also teaching them critical life skills that will enable them to succeed as adults. In Girl Scouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.
We are seeking career professionals committed to making a difference. Working with the Girl Scoutsan organization with a solid history and a growing futuremeans working to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment.
Administrative Assistant, Development and Communications
In this unique and fun role, you will support the Development and Communications department in providing exceptional customer service to internal and external customers by creating an environment characterized by dignity, courtesy, respect and equitable treatment. Using knowledge of Girl Scout products, programs and services, you will respond to requests for information, resolve issues and direct customers to the proper resources.
- Provide administrative assistance to the CDCO in support of the daily management and functions of the Development and Communications department
- Coordinate general responsibilities for the CDCO and other members of the department, including but not limited to
- Answer telephone and written inquiries; refer, as necessary, to appropriate department personnel
- Manage Microsoft Outlook calendar appointments
- Request room reservations
- Develop Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- Maintain and generate mailing lists
- Generate acknowledgement letters
- Support special events of the department
- Handle confidential information concerning the organizations donors
- Type and/or process correspondence, memos, statistical reports and other materials as required
- Provide backup assistance to members of the department. Provide staff support to other departments as requested. Work as a member of the Development and Communications team with other departments
The motivated team player we seek will possess the following experience, abilities and skills:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years administrative assistant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge or other donor management database
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent judgment with solid organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Knowledge of Girl Scout program, mission and values
- Must register as a member of the Girl Scouts of the United States of America
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer:
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
- Competitive pay
- Continuous training
- Medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- High energy, professional work environment
Insperity - 22 months ago