This position is responsible for providing leadership in the planning, coordination, cultivation and solicitation of gifts to the Annual Fund, with a fundraising goal of approximately $750,000 annually. This position is also responsible for providing support to the CEO, Chief Development Officer and Board Members who will be involved in fund raising cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to structure and manage an annual calendar for cultivation, solicitation, and renewal of individual donors.
- Work with the Marketing Consultant to produce proposals and solicitation materials. Work with the Development and Donor Relations Coordinator to create and update letters of agreement, acknowledgement letters, invoices, and follow-up correspondence.
- Conduct ongoing prospect research to identify changes in individual donor giving habits and identify new overall donor pools.
- Arrange and support major donor visits and calls for CEO, CDO and board members.
DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITES/FUND RAISING:
- Coordinate and manage the development and production of communications and stewardship materials for all development initiatives. Work closely with resource development and marketing consultant and other departments, to develop communications materials, web content, stewardship materials, proposals, and presentation materials to insure the effective pursuit of funding including budget, design, printing, data management, and direct mail process.
- Provide staff leadership for all development related special events including working with volunteer committees and consultants assigned to events.
- Customize online donor pages to correspond with all events and appeals in conjunction with Development and Donor Relations Coordinator and Operations Administrator.
- Develop key messaging and print messaging for Dining for a Difference and other fundraising and friend raising events in coordination with the Marketing Consultant and assistance from the Donor Relations Coordinator.
- Assist the Chief Development Officer in formulating and implementing efforts to increase corporate support for the agency, in consultation with the Grants and Contracts Managers and Marketing Consultant, where appropriate.
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to manage a capital campaign, assisting with meeting schedules, gift cultivation and pledge redemption.
- Manage all aspects of online communications related fundraising appeals including writing and design of email messages; email list management; development and cue communications schedule; monitor responses; analyze traffic patterns.
- Provide oversight of production of program promotional materials (in conjunction with Marketing Consultant) to ensure adherence to Families First design standards.
- Coordinate with Marketing Consultant to write and distribute press releases and manage media relations related to fundraising events with the support of the Donor Relations Coordinator.
- Design, develop content and manage printing of ROI: Report on Impact donor publication with support from Donor Relations Coordinator.
- Serve as liaison (in conjunction with Marketing Consultant) to Marketing and Communications committee of the Board, provide strategic leadership to the committee in setting yearly agenda, and assist the committee to accomplish their goals.
- Work with the Community Engagement Manager to create an annual plan that includes individuals, corporations and private funding sources to cultivate donor opportunities among volunteers and volunteer opportunities for donors.
- Assist and participate in the Agencys major events.
- Represent Families First at key community events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college.
- Minimum of five years successful experience in fundraising cultivation and solicitations for a non-profit organization.
- Proven success in managing an annual campaign and in securing gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Solid experience in donor research, segmentation, prospecting and Moves Management.
- Knowledge of trends and best practices related to donor development.
- Ability to function independently and in concert with other staff, board members and volunteers.
- Well-developed written and oral communication, negotiating, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the Atlanta funding community.
- Ability to be self-directed.
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Office Suite and relational donor databases, preferably Raisers Edge.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Please submit a cover letter with salary requirements & three (3) references.
- Families First offers a generous benefits package including annual leave, health and life insurance, and 401(k).
Families First provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
If you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation to complete any part of the application process, are limited in ability, or unable to access or use the online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline at 404-853-2876 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Families First is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Families First participates in E-Verify.
Families First - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Families First could not provide medical care, dental care and family support for our clientswithout significant support from the community...