What’s your motivation? Are you looking for a career that combines professional growth and personal fulfillment? If so, consider the Arthritis Foundation whose mission is to improve lives through leadership in the prevention, control and cure of arthritis and related diseases. We have an excellent opportunity for a Development and Services Director in Mobile, AL. Primary responsibility is the fundraising goal of $150,000 net . Other responsibilities include: identify, cultivate and recruit leadership volunteers to assist in obtaining corporate participation through sponsorships and company teams; promote corporate and community walker participation; maintain strong relationships with volunteers and volunteer committees; and event planning and execution. The Director is expected to have 5-10 face to face meetings per week.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years successful fundraising or outside sales experience
- Ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment, training and management
- Highly effective organization, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills. Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Self-starter able to work well in a team driven environment
- Thrive in a culture of accountability
- Willing and able to travel within local area and to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Event Management and Corporate Development
- Manage overall event coordination and responsible for ensuring the financial success of event goals. Focus should remain on the committee functions, team recruitment and fundraising.
- In collaboration with key volunteers, develop and implement annual event action plans for Team, Recruitment, Sponsorship, Volunteer Committee and Logistics, including budgets and timelines.
- Work with committee chairs on all aspects of their events to assure successful outcomes.
- Accountable for volunteer management (recruitment, training, motivation, recognition, supervision and evaluation) required to plan and implement assigned events.
Work Related Competencies and Performance Factors
- Ensures integrity of the Arthritis Foundation event best practices are utilized and engage volunteer partner in achieving shared goals. Ensures consistent event messaging.
- Coordinate the tracking of income and expenses associated with each assigned event maintaining the national designated cost-to-raise ratios, comprehensive records, evaluations and reports.
- Responsible for timely and accurate fundraising reports adhering to the Arthritis Foundation guidelines for policy and procedures.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Sphere and other applicable systems providing guidance in implementation.
- Prospect and secure corporate relationships / sponsorships
- Cultivate productive relationships with the media, hospitals, clinics, and other referral sources including professional, educational and political leadership.
- Effectively promotes the Arthritis Foundation to community members, potential volunteers / donors and business partners within assigned region. Presentation skills are required.
- Represent the best interests, professionalism and integrity of the Arthritis Foundation in all activities and relationships through a unified message of the Arthritis Foundation mission and a commitment to organizational standards and leadership by personal example.
- Works cooperatively across organizational disciplines.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Arthritis Foundation mission and its programs and services and abides by the Arthritis Foundation Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct.
- Participate in all available training and networking opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by his / her immediate supervisor.
Anyone interested in applying for this position should send a resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org with "Development and Services Director, Mobile" as the subject.
Arthritis Foundation - 17 months ago