This position is a developmental training role anticipated to be 3 to 12 months in duration. Once training is completed the candidate will be assigned to a specific market within the region. This region covers the states of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and northern Florida.
The position is responsible for the operation of multiple facilities. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or as necessary.
• Drives sales in assigned area by ensuring effective merchandise presentation, including accurate and competitive pricing, proper signing, in-stock and inventory levels, budgeting and forecasting sales, and assessing economic trends and demographics.
• Ensures Membership growth involving forecasting, monitoring, developing and implementing actions plans and assessing trends and demographics.
• Develops, implements, and models Member service standards for the Market that are aligned with Member needs and expectations and Company goals.
• Develops, maintains, and champions community outreach programs to promote the Company’s image, gain business opportunities, and achieve strategic initiatives by supporting community-sponsored events, encouraging Associates to participate in and support community activities, and incorporating “good neighbor” actions into business plans.
• Ensures compliance with Company and legal policies, procedures, and regulations for multiple facilities by implementing and monitoring loss prevention and safety controls, overseeing safety, operational, and quality assurance reviews, developing and implementing action plans, and providing direction and guidance on executing Company programs and strategic initiatives.
• Provides supervision and development opportunities for Associates in multiple facilities by selection, training, mentoring, assigning duties and providing recognition and ensuring diversity awareness.
Four years experience managing multi-units; AND
Four years supervisory experience OR Four years General Merchandise experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
A sign-on bonus will be included in the offer for this position.
Developmental Market Manager 1 (Mid South) - Sams
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation that runs...