TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC's statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today's global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
An Instructor conducts activities which directly support instruction, the objectives of the program, and the instructional goals of the institute. An Instructor reports to the program chairman or his designee.
Job Duties and Responsibilities :
An Instructor is principally charged with presenting prepared materials, supervising organized laboratory or shop activities, maintaining order, recording student progress,and assuring the presence of adequate supplies and equipment to conduct the laboratory or shop activities in a safe and effective manner.
Such typical duties and responsibilities that the Instructor is charged with, but not limited to, are as follows:
- Organize and present prepared instructionalmaterials at scheduled times and places.
- Maintain communications with students and colleagues to assure efficient and effective instruction.
- Maintain records of student attendance, student progress, departmental supplies, departmental equipment, and others.
- Maintain discipline and order during instructional activities.
- Participate in normal program housekeeping activities.
- Prepare daily instructional plans and instructional materials at the modular level as directed by the program chairman
- Must have a bachelors degree (Masters preferred) or higher from an accredited university with a minimum of 18 credits in the field of mathematics
- Three years recent and successful work experience in the field to be taught