- Job Summary
- Under the general supervision of the Manager, the Device Clinic Service Representative is a self-directed individual responsible for coordinating patient flow and customer service in a non-invasive department for patients of all age groups. Serves as liaison between patients, staff, physicians, and other professionals. Performs reception, scheduling, order entry and other general clerical duties, which support a department-based multidisciplinary patient care team. Assists with limited aspects of EKG Management. Performs other related patient care and non-patient care duties.
- Qualifications Required
- High School diploma/GED required.
Related post-high school education required. Unit Clerk, Medical Secretary, or other related course work may be substituted with a minimum 2 years experience in a related medical field.
- BLS certification required.
- Experience dealing with the public demonstrating excellent customer service skills required. Date entry/retrieval or other computer experience required. Experience with PC based applications strongly preferred. Additional experience/exposure to patient billing and/or medical records strongly desired in order to interpret charges, recognize billing/charging discrepancies, omissions and errors, and make corrections as necessary.
- Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Ability to read, write, perform mathematical calculations, and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates ability to think critically and prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet the needs of the patients and department.
- Demonstrates ability to function effectively under stress and respond appropriately in compromising or emergency situations.
- Demonstrates traits of both initiative and dependability.
- Philosophy of health care service is compatible with that of the mission of University Health Care System.
- Work ethic and commitment are compatible with that of University Health Care System management and the demands of the department.
- Physical Demands
- Requires ability to sit for extended periods of time and move about the department and organization. Requires moderate physical exertion including lifting, bending, pushing, walking and standing. Requires adequate mental skills and concentration related to attention to detail and critical thinking. Demonstrates adequate visual, hearing, and manual dexterity to perform patient care duties and clerical functions.