The Device Support Specialist will be responsible for post-launch product support and in-field quality for HTC smartphones. This team works directly with HTC wireless carrier customers.
• Own pre and post-launch support for HTC smartphones.
• Create support content for each device launched by carrier
• Have primary responsibility for meeting carrier’s customer care team needs
• Own web content for specific carrier devices
• Plan and conduct product training for carrier support personnel (call centers, carrier technical support, etc) in support of new product launches and as required during product lifecycle.
• Maintain and share necessary information (product bulletins, FAQ, Tips and Tricks, issue resolution plans, etc) with carriers and HTC sales team to assist them in driving down product return / exchange and No-Trouble-Found rates.
• Maintain positive customer support center relationships.
• Track and report post-launch quality issues and other product feedback from carriers, dealers, internet forums, HTC salespeople and other relevant sources.
• Troubleshoot and support post-launch quality issues in partnership with HTC carriers.
• Additional duties as required.
The successful candidate will have:
• A successful candidate will possess a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the wireless industry. (Examples of relevant experience include providing technical support to non-technical audience, conducting product testing, quality assurance, call center support experience, etc.)
• Advanced knowledge/experience with PC hardware and software.
• Background in creating support documentation
• Ability to effectively communicate and work with all levels of management
• Direct experience with mobile phone testing/debugging tools preferred.
• Demonstrated relationship building skills with external customers and internal stakeholders in product development, sales, distribution, and manufacturing; previous experience with wireless carriers highly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working in a matrix organization.
• Holds a valid drivers’ license
• Must possess excellent oral and written presentation skills and a desire to communicate.
• Must possess strong analysis and problem solving skills.
• Able to thrive in a highly unstructured environment while working closely within a cross-functional team.
• Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative when something needs to get done.
• Extensive travel may be required.
HTC - 18 months ago