For more than 130 years, Lilly has been dedicated to meeting the health care needs of people in the United States and around the world. We address these needs primarily by developing innovative medicines—investing a higher percentage of our sales in research and development than any other major pharmaceutical company. If you are interested in being considered for employment with a “Best in Class” Pharmaceutical company, please review the following opportunity
This is an opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic researcher with a proven track record in drug discovery and development to join the Lilly Biotechnology Center in San Diego. The candidate will have 5+ years research experience in the area of diabetes with preferences given to those candidates that have worked directly on insulin. The candidate will have an in depth understanding of appropriate in vitro and/or in vivo models with which to develop new therapeutics and have an understanding of physiology as it pertains to diabetes. The ideal candidate will have experience in large molecule drug development.
Key Objectives and Deliverables: •
- Manage and supervise a laboratory group focused on developing novel insulin therapeutics.
- Responsible for protein engineering which includes target evaluation and achieving engineering goals.
- Generate and test hypotheses for novel insulin therapeutics.
- Ph.D. degree and/or MD degree with postdoctoral research experience in relevant fields.
- At least 1 year of drug discovery/development experience with a strong track record of innovation and accomplishments in the areas of diabetes.
- Must be skilled in protein engineering, DNA manipulations, cell culture and assay development
- Advanced molecular understanding of the action of insulin and insulin analogs preferred
ELI LILLY AND COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Information for Internal Employees
Reason for Opening
Type of Internal Opening Full-Time
- Type of Employment Full-Time Employment – FTE
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in...