Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer
NorthWest Children's Heart Care
, the largest provider of pediatric cardiology services in the south Puget Sound region is looking for a Diagnostic Cardiac Son
for our Tacoma location.
The Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer has a commitment to providing high-quality diagnostic fetal and pediatric echocardiograms to patients with congenital heart defects and children with acquired heart defects. The diagnostic cardiac sonographer works independently and with other members of the healthcare team to provide a comprehensive echocardiographic examination in an ICAEL-accredited, digital laboratory in an outpatient clinic setting.
Specifically, this Sonographer:
• Follows the accredited laboratory protocol for obtaining an echocardiogram utilizing two-dimensional images, color flow, Doppler, and m-mode where appropriate.
• Digitally acquires anatomical, pathological, and/or physiological data for interpretation by a physician.
• Maintains patient charts and records, and records and processes sonographic data and other pertinent observations made during the procedure for presentation to the interpreting physician.
• Creates a preliminary echocardiographic report for physician review/signature.
• Codes appropriate CPT and ICD9 for services performed.
• Maintains professional affiliations/registries.
• Assists nurse practitioner/physician in administering medicines for sedation if necessary.
• Submits copy of daily log sheets to receptionist to be sent to the Billing Department.
• Maintains proper operation of the ultrasound equipment. Recognizes equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate corrective action.
• Maintains laundry for echo examination rooms.
• Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of ultrasound supplies.
• Follows and complies with universal precautions and OSHA standards.
• Follows and complies with safety and security training.
• Performs related and other assigned duties as directed.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Completion of a program in cardiac ultrasonography.
• Significant experience in complex congenital heart lesions and surgical repairs.
• Fetal experience preferred or will be provided.
• CPR certification required or will be provided.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
• Skilled in operating ultrasound equipment.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
• Satisfactory completion of one of the following: at least two (2) years in Allied Health Educational Program and one (1) year on-the-job training in echocardiography, or completion of an approved echocardiography educational program.
• Current/valid registry certification in pediatric and/or adult echocardiography.
• Maintain or be eligible for pediatric echocardiography registry certification with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS). ARDMS pediatric echocardiographic registry must be obtained within first year of employment.
• Provide evidence of continuing education credits to fulfill accreditation requirements.
NorthWest Children's Heart Care is affiliated with Pediatrix Cardiology, a MEDNAX subsidiary, that includes neonatal physicians who provide services at more than 250 neonatal intensive care units, and in many markets they collaborate with affiliated maternal-fetal medicine, pediatric cardiology physician subspecialists and pediatric intensivists to provide a clinical care continuum.
Pediatrix Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultrasoundjobs.com - 20 months ago
MEDNAX is a multi-specialty medical group with a national focus. It is the holding company of Pediatrix Medical Group, American...