Cummins Crosspoint, LLC is one of the largest distributors for Cummins engines, parts and service in the world. We have an immediate need for a talented Lube Technician to join our team.
This role will support the development of diagnostic, troubleshooting, and related technical expertise and line-level supervision skills within Crosspoint’s service business. As a champion of technical troubleshooting skills and the QuickServe process, this corporate support function will provide hands-on support by assignment to branches experiencing turnover, rapid growth, or process break-downs. In addition to direct support of branch functions, the role is expected to support continuous improvement programs to increase efficiency, profitability, and safety of our services.
Much of the individual’s time will be spent as a trainer of the diagnostics process while supplementing or filling-in for the existing diagnostics supervisor or advisor for various branches. The role will also support the adherence to and training on the process for engaging central or on-site DFSE support (ensure that all of the proper troubleshooting, data logging, INSITE ECM images, EDS, etc. have been completed and have been forwarded to the Distributor DFSE, with copy to the branch Service Manager, for review within a ETSR, (Engine Technical Service Request.)
· Diagnose and correct problems with power generation units, diesel, and/or natural gas, or gas engines, as well as switchgears and Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS).
· Ensure all diagnostic and troubleshooting avenues have been explored and documented.
· Improve customer satisfaction by minimizing diagnostics delays.
· Improve branch profitability due to a faster repair event cycle time (RECT).
· Provide hands-on training support for the above, as well as provide ad-hoc/temporary services to branches needing temporary support in their service business.
· Travel will be required and role may at times require over 50% travel.
· Strong technical background (Base Engine, Fuel Systems, Electronic Controls and Electrical Systems); QuickServe and EDS diagnostics capability.
· Strong PC skills in using Excel and MS Word.
· Broad product knowledge (Midrange, Heavy Duty, High Horse Power).
· Excellent diagnostic skills.
· Strong communication skills.
· Strong technical writing skills with use of Write Smart processes.
· Ability to be a liaison between technicians, Service Manager, and Distributor DFSE.
· Mentor to the shop technicians.
· Journeyman or Master Tech status.
· Certified on all Cummins products in Promotion database applicable to branch market(s) – (INSITE, BETT, Base Engine, Electronic Features and Controls, Fuel Systems, etc.)
We offer excellent benefits for our employees. Benefits include:
· 401K with employer match
· Continued training/education with tuition assistance
· Paid vacation/holidays/uniforms
· A competitive wage and much more.
We offer a growth opportunity for those who are willing to learn and develop their skills.
If interested, please apply online now.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Cummins Crosspoint, LLC participates in E-Verify
Cummins Crosspoint - 12 months ago