St. Cloud Technical and Community College seeks a Diagnostic Medical Sonography instructor dedicated to excellence in teaching who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary and cross-cultural perspectives. Faculty members at St. Cloud Technical and Community College are professionally active scholars who participate in departmental and campus-wide activities to enhance their disciplines, promote interdisciplinary collaboration, and advance the college mission. The college is committed to reflecting a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds among its administrators, faculty and staff.
Examples of duties:
Teach college level courses
Participate in student assessment and departmental meetings
P articipate in the larger college community through a variety of activities (curriculum development, service on committees, etc.)
Be student centered, enthusiastic about teaching and learning, be a practitioner of active, contextual, and experiential learning strategies, have an understanding of and commitment to the assessment of student academic achievement, be willing to explore and use a variety of technologies to enhance teaching and student learning.
Must meet minimum qualifications for faculty credentialing (please refer to the MNSCU Credentialing Website at: http://www.cfc.mnscu.edu/ )
- Associate’s degree in sonography
Occupational Experience Requirement
- Two full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid clinical work experience as a diagnostic medical sonographer (abdomen, obstetric, gynecologic, superficial parts).
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- National certification by the American Registry for Diagnostic medical Sonography (ARDMS).
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification for all, RDMS for all sonographers