1 year experience required
Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale , Florida is a full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and a member of Catholic Health East.
Since we opened our doors in 1955, the name Holy Cross remains synonymous with medical excellence and highly personalized care with sincere human compassion and understanding.
While spirituality plays an essential role in the way that we minister to our patients, we also maintain state-of-the-art technology, a highly acclaimed medical staff and a variety of innovative services to provide healthcare for the entire family.
Holy Cross is accredited by the Joint Commission and is the first hospital in Broward County to be designated a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center . Our many accolades include the 2008 and 2009 U.S.News & World Report " Best Hospital " ranking for Orthopedics and the 2009 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
- The Diagnostic Ultrasound Technologist will produce real time images of optimum quality accurately and proficiently with the appropriate protocol for each exam. Knowledgeable in the proper use of the PACS and RIS systems. Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy (normal, norma variant and pathological states). Candidate will review pertinent information from chart and gather pertinent patient history to forward to Radiologist. Practices proper sterile technique. Interacts efficiently, professionally and courteously with patients and clinical/non-clinical staff.
This is a Per diem position with NO benefits. Must be flexible to work different shifts including weekends. Mandatory to take part in on call roation for the ultrasound department.
Experience & Skills:
- Graduate of an approved ultrasound program.
- At least one (1) year of hospital experience as an Ultrasound Technician with the ability to produce diagnostically acceptable examinations.
- Experience in general, vascular, OB, and invasive procedures in a hospital setting.
- Looking for a candidate who can multi-task while providing excellent customer service and patient care.
- Department has high volume and performs all types of Ultrasound Scans.
- Call shifts and holidays will be required.
- ARDMS is required.
- CPR Required.