We put the fun back into teamwork.
You'll play an important role at DaVita-and in the lives of patients and their families. As part of our professional team of clinicians, you will be responsible for measuring and recording stats, patient observations, machine set up and other duties to ensure the compassionate, professional delivery of outpatient dialysis services.
If you love patient-centered health care with real relationships inside a company that encourages fun on and off the clock, then DaVita is the place for you.
Some details about this position:
A few more details about a PCT's Role:
- Dialysis experience and certification is preferred, but exceptional candidates with solid medical experience and great tenure will be considered for our nationally recognized training program!
- A minimum of 6-12 months of professional medical experience or the equivalent of education and externship is required.
- This is a full time position working a varied schedule Monday-Saturday, working 3-4 days a week, with 10-14 hour shifts.
- Need to be flexible to work a 10-14 hour shift from 4:00am - 9:00pm.
- Ideal candidate will have a great work ethic, computer skills, and good history of attendance at work, be friendly and caring towards patients, work well independently as well as in groups, and be ready to work in a fast paced environment!
- Provides direct dialysis care to patients, usually looking after 3-4 patients at a time.
- Follows policies and procedures the physicians set.
- Takes vital signs and works with needles and blood.
- Monitors dialysis machines.
- Documentation in patient's charts.
- Sterilizes and cleans the dialysis machine and area after patient's session.
- Works closely with people - from the patients, to the nurses and physicians.
- You will be responsible for monitoring up to four patients at a time for each session, which lasts on average 3-5 hours.
We offer career options to fit your lifestyle.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village as a Dialysis Patient Care Technician:
- A community first, company second culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Before applying for this position, please watch a short and informative video: PCT VIDEO (click on the link)
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Current CPR certification required (or must be obtained within 60 days of employment)
- Demonstrated completion of all applicable state requirements in the state in which employed as a dialysis technician (AKA: patient care technician) required
- BONENT or CHT certification preferred or as required by state regulation
- Minimum of 6 months' dialysis experience preferred
- CNA, Certified Medical Assistant, or Phlebotomy certification preferred
- New teammates will be required to obtain certification within 18 months of hire
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will not consider permanent (green card) or temporary (non-immigrant) immigration sponsorship for Patient Care Technician positions under current United States Immigration and Nationality Laws. DaVita reserves the right to change this policy without notice.
nephrology, renal, ESRD, CNA, CCHT, CHT, CCNT, tech, technician, phlebotomy, EMT, CMA, medical assistant, certified medical assistant, MA, dialysis
DaVita - 16 months ago
At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference in the way...