This is a Master level Diesel Mechanic position which is responsible for diagnosing and repairing medium to heavy-duty trucks and trailers under minimal supervision. Repairs will include Preventative Maintenance inspections and repairs, air and hydraulic brake repairs, tire repairs, warranty procedures, driveline, steering & suspension, electrical trouble-shooting, AC, refrigeration, overheads, overhauls & rebuilds of engines and transmissions, plus other duties as assigned.
In addition, the Tech IV will assist other Technicians in repairs and will be expected to comply with Safety and EPA procedures and continue to learn new technology in advanced diagnostics, internal engine and transmission repairs.
- 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to read codes and instructions on the computer
- Must be able to document repairs on the computer
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Must have a Valid Driver's License and the ability to meet Ryder's driving qualifications
- Prefer a Commercial Driver's License or ability to obtain one
- 5 years of proven medium to heavy-duty vehicle repair including: PM's, tire & wheel, air & hydraulic brakes, diagnosis, computerized diagnostics, electrical trouble-shooting, electronic component repair and a minimum of 2 years experience in refrigeration &/or overhauls and rebuilds of heavy-duty diesel engines and transmissions
- Prefer certifications in tire & wheel, brakes, AC &/or EPA, engine rebuild, DOT inspections, transmissions, engines
- Must possess at minimum a set of hand tools up to (3/4")
- Ability to work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends, holidays and on-call rotations for roadside assistance
Internal Candidates: Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 months in their current position and possess a record of good performance, attendance, safety and teamwork.
Will diagnose and repair medium to heavy-duty trucks and trailers.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace.
Ryder - 2 years ago
Ryder System, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 500 provider of leading-edge transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions. Ryder's...