The Mechanic I is responsible for performing maintenance and general repairs on oilfield service equipment and diesel engine heavy trucks.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with other senior Mechanics to perform maintenance and general repairs on truck mounted oilfield service equipment, hydraulic components, and heavy trucks.
- Maintenance and repairs may be conducted at the shop, in the field at the job site location, or roadside as needed.
- Visually inspect and listen to equipment to check for proper performance and detect faults and malfunctions. Diagnose to determine extent of repair required.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications.
- clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Driving Sanjel oilfield service equipment as needed; will perform “hot shots” as needed.
- Regularly and effectively communicate with Shop Forman, Mechanics, and District Managers/Coordinators/Supervisors regarding status of maintenance and repairs.
The Mechanic will be required to perform work inside the shop at the District location, as well as on job sites in the field and roadside.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk; manual dexterity, fine manipulation, and the ability reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 50 lbs is required. The Mechanical will frequently be required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The vision requirements include: close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE:
Please contact a recruiter at 1-800-972-6535 or send resume to email@example.com
- 2 year Diesel Technician Degree / Certification required, or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years experience working with and repairing heavy-duty equipment and hydraulic systems (school/training experience accepted)
- Commercial Drivers license with Hazmat endorsement, or the ability to obtain both within 90 days of employment
- Able to work a 10 days on, 4 days off schedule with the likelihood of being on call 24/7
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time and work unsupervised occasionally
- Strong problem recognition and problem solving skills; strong judgment and decision making abilities
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
To apply for this position, e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org