We have an immediate position open for a Mechanic to work on our fleet of garbage trucks in Portland, OR. Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment are encouraged to apply. The hours of the position are Noon to 9 pm Monday-Thursday and 7am to 4:30 pm on Fridays. Class B or the ability to obtain one within 120 days is preferred. Must have own tools.
On top of competitive pay we offer family benefits, 401k, vacation, and steady year round work with overtime.
Please do not stop by our local office. Apply online or call Lance at 360-448-6958.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
The ideal candidate will possess:
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to “Connect with Your Future”. For more information please visit www.wasteconnections.com . EOE
- 2 years experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair; or completion of accredited vocational technical school program.
- CDL preferred .
- Provide personal tools.
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...