ARG Trucking Corp.;, a Division of Wadhams Enterprises is seeking a Shop Manager to coordinate all shop personal (staff and mechanics).
Position is primarily responsible for supervising daily vehicle maintenance activity. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Providing direct supervision to all assigned mechanics.
- Assigning work to mechanics based on their training and qualifications.
- Ensuing efficient production on the shop floor.
- Training and developing mechanics.
- Supervising the completion of all maintenance work orders to ensure all labor and parts are properly documented, accounted for and invoiced.
- Review cost of each job before starting on repair.
- Coordinating all company and customer fleet maintenance activity with the Maintenance Manager.
The Shop Manager will also oversee all grounds and facility maintenance activity as well as assist the Maintenance Manager with the mechanic hiring process and administration of company personnel policy.
The Shop Manager effectively leads all facets of the Maintenance Facility including:
- Scheduling staff and resources for daily operations
- Compliance with DOT, OSHA, and FMCSA Regulations.
- Compliance with Company Safety Polices and Procedures
- Execution of Corporate Strategy
The Shop Manager will prioritize internal and external customers' work to insure both timely and cost effective repairs. Evaluate/Reward Direct Reports performance and identify improvement opportunities as needed as well as provide disciplinary action if required.
o High School Diploma
o Minimum of 7 yrs. technical work experience required.
o Minimum of 5 yrs. industry related supervisory work experience required
o Experience in a Billable Shop Facility a plus
o Strong communication and people skills
o Leadership skills
o Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
o Effective organizational skills
o Maintenance and transportation experience required
o Advanced knowledge of computer software Microsoft word, Excel, and Internet
o Ability to manage priority
- License: Must maintain a valid driver’s license; CDL (not required but helpful)
- Satellite System Management
o Monitor all assigned vehicle Aether System Satellite equipment for proper function and repairs required
o Coordinate with operations to ensure equipment with suspected satellite system malfunctions are scheduled for maintenance immediately
o Ensure appropriate parts are ordered for specific jobs as well as parts inventory to prevent vehicles from having to operate without satellite capability
o Coordinate all warranty related issues with Maintenance Manager to maximize warranty coverage on all satellite components
o Update satellite parts tracing database as required to provide continuous and up to date information to management regarding satellite parts and warranty status