We have an immediate position open for a Diesel Shop Supervisor at our Sanipac operation in Eugene, OR.
In this position, you will be leading a team of approximately 6 mechanics that work on the second shift in the shop. The mechanics provide fleet maintenance for 100 pieces of equipment, primarily garbage trucks. You will be supervising union employees. This is a hands off position so you will not bring your tools to the shop. Strong leadership skills, training abilities, and experience in shop paperwork, purchasing, and inventory are required.
This is an hourly position with occasional overtime . Monday-Friday working typically from 2 pm to 11 pm. On top of competitive pay we offer family benefits, 401k, vacation, and opportunity for advancement.
- Trains and assists Mechanics on methods for diagnosing and repairing vehicles and equipment.
- Schedules or assigns work to Mechanics, PM Mechanics or other Maintenance Shop personnel.
- Reads and interprets VCRs (vehicle condition reports) and/or repair orders
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounts for applied times (work order times versus time card times).
- Prepares purchase orders and researches best prices on parts or repairs from vendors.
- Assists in monthly financial projections and annual budget.
- 3+ years leadership experience in diesel truck maintenance and repair
- Knowledge of air brake, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: relocation assistance, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future" . EOE
Waste Connections - 11 months ago
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...